That's a cool rifle Bill. I had one for a couple of years when I dislocated my shoulder, I bought if for the recoil or lack there of.

I killed a couple of deer with it. The best load I could find was Winchester 117gr RN bullets. I could cover 3 holes with a nickel at 100. 1 deer dropped on the spot.

The second one, a very large Iron Range doe, in 2007 I think, (151# dressed, I remember because I posted it on this thread I think). I shot her in the ribs at about 40 yards, and she stood there like nothing happened. I thought I missed. She turned 180* and I shot just behind the shoulder on the right side. Then I could see her "jump" a bit at the shot and she ran right at me, passing by me at about 5 yards. It was all too fast to shoot again...which turned out pretty good, because she stiffend up just past me and tipped over.

I got down and checked her out and there were 4 holes in her behind the shoulder. 1 in and 1 out on each side. I was surprised by her reaction simply because the shot placement was nearly perfect, not ruining any meat and both shot were all lung. She was a big deer but ate just fine.

Camp is where you make it.