Ryan,my sincere condolences on the loss of your grand dad.
I went to a new gun club today which I recently joined to do a bit of target practice.Very nice facilities.The big rifle range goes all the way out to 300 yards.I chose one of the smaller side ranges which goes to fifty yards.I wanted to sight in the new 3X9X40 scope which I had mounted on my "Trapper" .44 magnum Handi rifle.It did great with my 240 grain handloads.A bit much scope for that short a rifle but it does really well.
Main thing was that I wanted to practice with my .44 magnum Super Redhawk.I haven't shot it in several months.I can still do almost touching shots at 50 yards and about 3" at 100 yards with it.I've been deer hunting on and off with it for two years now but no kills yet.All the shots I have gotten in the past few years are with the old faithful Remington Model Seven in .308.
I have been going to public ranges for lots of years now and had an invite to join this gun club and did.It was a good move.
I hope you guys and gals have a fine weekend at Camp Chickenbuck this weekend.Looking forward to a write up and pictures Monday.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.