Wow, congrats on some great deer! Nice to see both kids and old fellers getting in on the action. I hope I am still able to be in the woods at 93 let alone shoot a deer!

We had a successful deer hunt as well. My oldest 12 year old boy shot a doe on opening day. Just before dark, my daughter shot a nice 10 pointer. Two in the box as they say! Then on Monday, it was raining, cold and really windy. My boys still wanted to go out. I just didn't feel like sitting in my portable in the rain, so I hopped in with my youngest 12 year old boy. It wasn't long before we had a nice 9 pointer at about 140 yards. But in the wind and rain and being in the shotgun zone I told him we had to wait until he meandered closer. Meanwhile, the older 12 year old had decided he was going to shoot the buck that was in front of him at 120 yards. he said it was a nice 8 pointer. Pretty soon the 9 got to within 118 yards and stood broadside. The shot rang out and he center-punched the heart. As I was thinking to myself, now I have to go take care of a deer in this rain and wind, another shot rang out. Oh my, now there are 2! The 9 was a nice buck, but the other one was not a nice 8. When we got over to it, my son's jaw dropped as we pulled his head out of the grass. A big, gnarly 10 pointer was laying there! Almost 6" bases! Really cool rack with a lot of bumps on the bases and some neat rings 3" from the tips of the beams and last tines. We had history with him and he is a beautiful buck. The youngest 12 year old ended the season about 3 minutes before legal shooting time was up by shooting another doe. The good news is, they now know how to gut out deer and dad doesn't have to do that anymore!

Public service announcement: One thing we learned this year is how good pictures turn out if you take them in Portrait mode. Wow!!!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.