Originally Posted by BMD
Cant blame you there, looks like there are many good times in the future.

Yes I hope so. I've taken much advice here already, lots of pictures, that was good advice, the diary/log book thing is very good, I started doing that as soon as it was brought up.

Yeah my kids will have memories of growing up with this camp, the bond strengthens between me & my Late best friend/cousin's boy... and my friends father too who is understandably having a very hard time dealing with his loss.

It's a wonderful project in itself but the fact that I am able to use it to help heal some of the pain in my family & use it as a platform to build & strengthen bonds between those that are hurting the most.... well I guess it's just strange how some things work out. strange, but wonderful.

I had assumed some of the potential for this camp project being utilized as a healing tool of sorts ... I had assumed some of this when I began this post, but it's really bigger than I had imagined at that point. It really is working out well & It's building some hope for a boy & a father who had pretty much lost direction, lost hope. Something to keep them busy, something for them to plan ahead for, look forward to, be excited about.

Deer season will come as it always has... a man is missing, a great void exists that can never be filled. what do we do without him?
We do as he would have us do, we pull together, we regroup. Someone has to pick up the torch, lead the way, provide the opportunities, the atmosphere, provide the hospitality, fuel the comradery, create new traditions. Create & provide a sense of belonging & comfort, crack a joke so they know it's OK to laugh again... It's no replacement for the loss they have suffered, the loss I have suffered. But to enter that time of the year, deer season, with emptiness, no direction, no nothing, just the void. How awful, we just can't have that can we? No we can't, and we won't.

We're building much more than a hunting shack & some deer stands here, it's much more than that.

Enough jabber for now, (I can't spell to save my life anyways)

Time to swing a hammer.

Later,
Dave

Something clever here.