Hey guys, yes Youth Outdoor Activity Day is rapidly approaching! Thanks for the kind words Jeff. This event really has grown huge. We have a facebook page now (Youth Outdoor Activity Day - Alexandria MN) and are on youtube. We could really use some traffic, likes, comments, shares, etc on our Facebook page. We should also be on Ron Schara's Minnesota Bound very soon. This year we received a Youth Recruitment and Retention grant from the DNR for just over $24,000. Part of that money will be used to give away hundreds (I think about 700) rods and reels, 70 bows and 60 BB guns. We will have 35-40 different activities for kids to do, including trap shooting, archery, tomahawk throwing, geocaching, dog handling, fire building, shelter building, outdoor cooking, climbing wall, etc. We are bringing in a trick shooting archery guy for a presentation as well.

This event is totally free. We will give a tee shirt to the first 2,350 kids who attend and free lunch for everyone.

We will need about 250 volunteers this year I think.

The other thing we need is people to bring kids who do not have the opportunity to try some of these activities. That is our target audience.

Jeff has been helping since the first year at the muzzleloading shotgun station. I am really looking forward to it, as it will be a big day for sure!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.