The camp is good. I mowed a lot of tall grass & weeds with the 5' bush hog, pam played lumberjack, yep she wanted to cut firewood so she ran that saw with a new chain on it & I think she got close to half ways through that pile of logs we had in front of the cabin!!

Weezy had a friend out there & they were stacking firewood as Pam was cutting. So, it kinda looked like the girls got sick of waiting for the men to put up the firewood so they tore into it & they did real good work too. grin

I mowed the clearing I made by Pam's deluxe enclosed stand, I mowed up & down the access trail into the camp, we had a good bonfire on Saturday night... it was a pretty good time.

Bees made a nest inside my old barrel bbq cooker so we had to take care of that. Hive was a little bigger than a softball.

The batteries on my trail cam were dead so I hadn't got any pics since about june 22 or so, dang it!! They've really been digging out that spot in front of the camera where I poured a pound of salt on the ground too. lots of doe & fawn tracks & I wanted to see how them little bucks were progressing with the antler growth too. But it's got fresh batteries in it again now and an empty memory card so we'll have some pics next time we check it.

The cabin kept the skeeters out all night, gas fridge kept the beer cold (food too grin )

I haven't ventured out to such stands as the "polish tree fort" (weezy's favorite), the "tzone", "the bomb target area" (very messy logging cut)and there are a couple of ladder stands I haven't put my eyes on yet this year as well plus a couple of home made ground blinds. Some thought has been given to moving the dusty stand & I guess I have a couple of ideas for that one but we'll wait till the gang is all up here & we can scout a couple of decent spots for it.

We have a couple of things we should get done this year. the hand pumped well is one, the tongue & groove barn boards is another, couple of trees could be cut for firewood yet. We've been leaking rain in the chimney so the weather cap needs some work. The economy's current effect on all of us has us holding off on finishing the addition on the cabin for now which is fine. I did haul out a set of bunkbeds so our bunk situation has improved by a couple of beds. I have a gas light that I scored at a rumage sale that I should mount in the kitchen & run an LP line to.

Oh it's nice to have a few projects that need to be done out there, it might be boring otherwise right?

grin

but the blue berries... boy I don't know what to say. the spot we checked yesterday really quick is usually really good & it looked poor yesterday, so we'll see I guess. Hopefully we can find some decent ones like we did last year.

Something clever here.