Snow stories! My lord, this winter has to end. I find myself bragging about the excessive snow, ice and low temps I have endured and survived this winter. (Yeah, I know. I can hear the "up north chorus" singing "If you want to experience winter come up here". Red Green would be proud.)

SE Pennsylvania trout season opened this past Saturday. One group of "potential" anglers were reduced to tossing quoits tied to rope onto the ice of a state-owned lake in an attempt to break open enough space to fish. Story in the local paper stated that 2 quoits were lost to the lake and no trout were caught. I'm eagerly awaiting the YouTube video!

Last March I was killing the Crappies from the first week of the month at another local lake. This year the ice just broke up last Wednesday and there are still large ice floes floating on the surface. Water temps are still in the mid 30's and the crappies remain AWOL. I verified this by fishedng the shallows Friday. I caught one 4 inch bluegill who evidently wasn't equipped with a GPS and wandered into my mylar jig. I don't know which of us was more surprised by the encounter.

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.