Hi all...I asked Dave to post the 'story' since he is way better at writing than I but he wouldn't. So bare with me, please.

Yesterday morning Dave took me threw the swamp to the "TZone" stand for morning post. I had taken my watch off the night before just shortly before bed and forgot it in the cabin so I had no idea what time it was getting to be. I had decided that I would wait and try to hear when Dusty went back to the cabin, that would be breakfast time and time to get down even though I was starting to get chilly. The sun had come up and I was thinking how beautiful it was looking over the forest and running threw my head all the happenings of the past week and what I needed to do for the upcoming week. I was even wondering if your eyeballs get cold...weird to think I know.

Anyways, I had my wool mittens on and had stuck my hands inside my jacket pockets when I heard some rustling in the cane grass. I just brushed it off as Dave coming to check on how things were going when I saw the most beautiful site I hadn't seen in quite a while....a deer! My eyes about popped out of my head and then I thought "how the heck am I gonna get my hands out without the deer hearing me?" He continued to mill around, stopping now and then while I got my hands out, one mitten on and one mitten off. I was watching and trying to figure a good spot to shoot since there were small trees and brush everywhere. Then he went behind a big evergreen tree just before the cedar forest and I thought &*%$# I lost my chance now and he's going in the cedars. To my amazement,he turned and was coming back to me. Well then I had to try and get somewhat turned since I shoot right handed. I got my body shifted a little bit but my mitten did stick to the velcro like it was supposed to. How the heck am I gonna shoot with this thing flopping back and forth? Is it gonna get in the way? Will I be able to see? Well I got it figured out and thought "Pam it's now or never". I had him in the scope and BAMMMMM! He went down, ran, would fall, ran a little more and fell for the last time. His head went down and he was done. I didn't know at the time that it was a buck, was just hoping it wasn't the size of Ryan's since I gave him so much crap the weekend before. grin

Ok so he's down, I'm shaking so bad and taking deep breathes, giggling to myself too, thinking OMG I shot a deer. Then it hits me...what do i do now? Should I yell to Dave? Is he gonna know that I shot? Should I get down and walk back to the cabin? Should I just sit here? I should probably calm down a little. Well here comes Dave! He stops and looks at me, I motioned for him to get over here. He walks a little closer and whispers "is it dead". I about fell out of the stand from shaking my head YES so hard. He started laughing when he stops and saw where the first blood was. OOHHHHH!!! Then I rattled off the whole story to him, just grinning the whole time. RWS shortly followed to where we were, smiling like heck. "Mom did you shoot one" he kept saying. YEP!!

Dave started talking me threw the 'gutting' process but I let him take over because we would have been there for days if I had done the whole thing. Got back to the cabin to see that Dusty and Muffy were back. Dusty gave me a huge hug which followed by Muffy and Weezie. Then I had to run threw the story again, but I didn't mind. I finished and asked Dusty about his exciting morning and congrats to him as well.

My goodness it was a blast. FINALLY! grin Sorry to all this got so lengthy but I had to tell the story AGAIN.

I have to say that I'm quite proud of our family and friends. Proud that we have established such a comfortable place with the help of all that has been a part and will continue to be a part of Camp Chickenbuck. I appreciate the time spent with all that come and all that read about our 'big adventures'. I truly love any and all time that Dusty and Muffy can spare to come up to the Camp. The two of you are a hoot!! Now we need to get working on the apparel for Camp Chickenbuck. Hats, coats, tshirts, sweatshirts, etc. Oh what the imagination of a five year old boy can start...ha! Thanks for listening all.

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 11/23/09.

"I'm not crying!!"