Originally Posted by tzone
First off, thank you to all you veterans and thank you for serving our great country. Second, congrats to all the successful hunters this past weekend. Especially, b-mans daughter. What a great experience for you both!

Me and mini-man had a great weekend chasing deer but we're not successful on the killing part. We did have a blast and he's hooked. Gopher and his buddy Josh cooked u a few great meals and got to stare at the ruffed grouse with the rest of us. On Sunday afternoon, Andy, jack, and I scout/hunted an area that has potential. We are going to haul in a few ladder stands this winter when it's easier to pull em on the Otter sled. Now it will be real easy! Lots of snow up that way.
It was a pleasure and an honor to share a deer camp with Josh, Tom, Andy, and mini-man. Josh is my pastor from church, and a better friend I'll never have. Tom, in a moment of insanity a couple years ago invited me to join him and Andy and hunt his spots up by Duluth. It's tough, challenging hunting. A true northwoods adventure. Then there's mini-man, Tom's boy. Every time I see this neat little kid, I'm jealous of Tom and what he's doing with this young man. Jackson's about as cool a kid as you will ever meet. He's going to be a good hunter, but he's got some big boots to fill. Dad's definitely bringing him up right. My health issues this year have shown me that my best hunts are behind me now. Now it's the little things that are much more important to me. A young boy's laugh, a good meal with good friends, the sun peaking over the trees. There's a lot more to a memorable hunt than notching a tag. That's always nice too though.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla