We were camping at the lake when I was a kid and some guys caught a snapper and made soup out of it. It was awesome! If I remember right it was like a creamy vegetable beef soup with barley in it and the turtle was cubed up in chunks about the size of dice. I've always wanted to make it but personally I can't see the sense in killing a 100 year old + turtle just so I can have soup. I know nobody in my family would even try it if they knew what it was.

Another turtle story from a guy here at work goes like this: They caught a snapper on a fishing trip and decided to make soup out of it. So they take a clothes hanger and get it to latch on to it, proceed to pull its neck out and chop it off with a machette. The mouth still had a death grip on the clothes hanger and they hung the head and neck from a tree branch. This guy swears that up to 5 days later, when you would walk by that hanging turtle head, the eyes would follow you as you passed. He might be smoking crack but that would be c.r.e.e.p.y if true! shocked

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...