After firing 3 shots of 2 1/2" 6 shot PMC brand shells the cylinder became stuck with 3 empties and 2 live shells remaining in the cylinder.

I was trying the gun out, target shooting to pattern the shot at distances of 10 yds, 7 yds, 5 yds..

I came to understand that to kill small game with shot shells out of the judge you would have to be closer to the game than you should be able to get.

If you get close enough to small game to kill the game with shot shells out of the judge, you could do it with a sling shot, a rock, a beer bottle, a stick, or just reach forward with your foot and step on the game.

I believe it would be fine for snakes just in front of your feet, but the judge is NOT a hunting gun or a trail gun.

After the cylinder bacame stuck, I was able to get the cylinder open but the empty shells had become stuck in the cylinder so the ejection spur couldn't push them out.

It's likely that the judge just didn't like this brand of shot shells, I don't know.

What I know for sure is the springfield 1911-A1 45 is a pure joy to own and to shoot.

Something clever here.