Man you got me all pumped up Dave! I can see it coming together. Your sitting in the morning darkness. The sky in the east is becoming a light gray. You hear a twig snap off in the tangled brush. Then hoof clops on frozen ground. More twig snaps. Then silence again. Complete silence. As the sky turns from black to gray, a chill runs down your spine. Your frozen breath is billowing around your head. The north wind picks up ever so slightly as the objects around you slowly turn from dark blobs to trees to bushes. Crash, crash...a doe comes flyin through your shooting lane. You don't take your eyes off the trail from which she came. Silence. Then BRRUUUPPP. BRRRRUUUP. You strain your eyes towards the direction of the sound. Then like a ghost something slips through the trees. Something large! You subconciously lower your mouth and nose into your coat while simultaneously flipping your safety into the fire position. Snap! Nose to the ground, out comes a huge bodied northern minnesota whitetail. At first you think someones prize steer must have gotten loose but wait...steers don't have antlers. And what antlers! You tell yourself there he is. This is forkey toes. The king of the forest. The grand pu ba of camp chicken buck. Blam! Thud! You cycle another round. The shot is still echoing in the distance as you see this magnificent animal take his last wobbly steps through your scope. He's down! Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo!!!

***skip to late afternoon/evening***

You faintly hear car doors slamming. Then the cabin door creaks open. The voices you hear are muffled and sound like they are on the other side of a wall. You look with one squinty eye towards the figures standing there. Without saying a word you hand them this story that you printed off and pass out on the couch...

grin

Last edited by Rooster7; 11/20/08.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...