been gone awhile and there is lots to catch up on...deer, sasquatches, savages, Tom's WT SD license, dark walleyes, etc. So here goes:

Deer: we can shoot 3 deer each in our zone. My kids really want to do that but if I do the math....that is 12 deer for us. Add the potential for 5 pronghorn and an elk and I dont think we can eat 18 critters in my house. We do have too many does and are gonna make war on them this year.

Savages: I have heard those Sconny womenfolk can be mistaken for sasquatches. makes sense I guess.

Tom's WT license: Congrats! A ton of fun is in the planning. Bring us along for the ride!

Dark walleyes: they taste the same as light ones. mmmmm.

Now my updates.

The good: Went up to the Boundary Waters Canoe area with the family. Great time, but that area is not what I would call fertile country. Not a lot of critters, birds, or fish. Peaceful, yes, but I wouldnt go there on a wildlife viewing trip.

Youth Outdoor Activity Day is coming up on Sunday August 26th. All Free. We have 50 activities for kids to do. We will give each kid a tshirt, everyone lunch and ice cream and give away 1,000 duck calls, 1,000 fishing rods/reels, 500 butterfly nets, 100 BB guns, 100 Bows and arrows and tons of other stuff. We are expecting 2,500 kids. If you can get to Alexandria with some kids, I promise you will have a great time. Absolutely no cost (it is a rule, we dont even ask for donations).

The REALLY BAD: On Friday night, our 2.5 year old yellow lab died of heat stroke. It happened fast. It wasnt that hot. She wasnt working that hard or long. It just happened and I have since learned that it can happen when it isnt that hot. Our kids are devastated. telling your kids the family dog died sucks really bad. Hardest thing I have ever had to do as a parent.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.