Patience and persistence finally paid off. I recently bought a Savage Axis down at Cabela's on clearance. After 3 trips back and forth to Gander Mountain for mounts and rings, it's got a scope on it. Started with standard Weaver bases-they were too narrow for the short-tubed Pine Ridge scope I had available to put on it. No problem-went back and got the extended bases, but figured I'd better hang on to the standard bases "just in case." I ended up using an extended base on the front, and a standard base on the back to make it work. Start mounting the scope only to realize that with 1" low Weaver rings, the bolt handle won't clear the back bell on the scope. 3rd trip to Gander. Ended up going with a set of Burris medium rings, as they appeared to sit a little higher than the Weaver's did. Finally! Everything went together, and the scope is bore sighted. 'Can't wait to shoot it this weekend. Patience and persistence, and thank God I wasn't trying to throw this together on the Friday prior to deer season!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla