Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Yeah I do and yeah they would, but the agent said if there's another claim in 3 years I would probably be dropped and if I did find another company that would carry me after 2 claims in 3 years, my rates would certainly double. He also said that even after 1 claim my rates were sure to go up.

In the end, I said screw it, I'll do it myself. Dunno what 20 years of never used home insurance is for. I guess if your house burned down or tornadoes - something catastrophic...not poo water leaks.

I'd call their bluff.

Might have to. This is starting to get expensive. Wife said if we're getting new carpet down there we may as well get new furniture, then she played the "poo water in my hair" guilt thing. The upholstery cleaner folks I've talked to say it's nearly impossible to get that out of the sofa. Throwing around words like bio-hazard and CAT 3 water. I think I'm screwed again.

I told my wife about your home issues and read her this. We are both laughing (even though we know its not a laughing matter)

It's good you can keep your humor through this process. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...