Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by gophergunner
In case any of the Minnesota boys might be interested in a get-together/doe hunt, I did a little more research. The early antlerless tags don't have to be purchased by the Sept. 5th antlerless deadline-they're available over the counter, and a Zone 1 license works for the hunt. I am going to buy my tag and put in for my antlerless permit for up north, and plan on going down to do a couple grouse hunt/recon trips to the early antlerless areas. If anyone's interested in tagging along, or going down for the doe hunt, let me know. If no one wants to go down there for the doe hunt, I'll just do it as a day trip, but if anyone wants to split a motel room, that would be fine too. Anyone interested?

5 deer (antlerless) limit, tags are $7.50 each, and any deer taken don't count against your regular season limits.

I'd love to!
I know from past expirence that the Richard J Dorer state forest gets pretty crowded in deer season.

Some friends and I went down there in blackpowder season back in the mid 90s.
Before season the shooting range was empty.
weekend before season, there was literally dozens of people, kids running around unsupervised, complete chaos.mostly non English speaking folks present.
I would guess an early season would be similar.
Sounds like a definite possibility. PM sent

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla