Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Big weekend for muzzleloading coming up. Whos headed out. YOu tom? Dave? anyone? CHickenbuck?

I am too lazy to find my regs book in the pile of crap I need to put away, so, dumb question time: when I used to muzzle-load, you could only do that OR rifle. Now you can do both, but can you buy a muzzle-loading tag if you've already shot deer with rifle?

yes you can,but you can only tag one buck a year.
some areas you can only tag one deer, period.
I tagged my doe in area 197,(Lottery)so I cant tag any more deer in lottery areas, but I can tag another deer in a different area,even more than one in some.
I am BP hunting in area 338 (managed)this weekend,and can tag two more deer there ,even a buck if he has 4 or more points on one side.
My son ,being a "youth" doesn't need to abide by antler point restrictions, and can tag any deer, two even, but only one buck.

perfectly clear? laugh

OK, gotta grab my book from the pile I guess.

So, since I shot a buck and a doe in 242, and that is all I was allowed in 242, I would have to muzzle-load a different area?

In the old days, you just got one either-sex muzzle-loader tag for the whole state, but you couldn't rifle hunt AND muzzle-load.