Sunday was a perfect morning with leaves at their peak as far as I could tell. Like Teal, we fixed up a few stands and put up a few new one. But the woods are about ready to pop off next weekend I think. Rubs and scrapes all over. But most of the buck movement looked like it was still happening at night.

So far this is the biggest one we have seen around. I expect that to change this week.

These are from a spot I call the "Double Ladder" because...well, it's a double ladder. laugh It's the stand Jack shot his first deer from and has still been one of our most productive for deer sightings. But nobody has ever shot a buck from it.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is just to the south of the Double Ladder

This was just out of bow range from the Double Ladder. For the first time ever for me, I hung a scrape dripper on a mock scrape I made closer to the stand. I plan on bowhunting it if we have a W or NW wind later this week.

We put up a new blind in a spot the kids found a small scrape at a few weeks ago. I pissed in the scrape when they found it and they laughed at me. We went back to check it and see if it was worth the time to set up a blind.
Here is what we came up on.

Needless to say the blind and a camera went up. That's about 40 yards from the new blind. I could rip one out there with my bow but I'm hoping it will be a closer shot before it gets to the scrape to check.

Here are a few trail cam shots from other spots.

Last edited by tzone; 10/23/23.

Camp is where you make it.