Thanks for the stories guys, those are the kind to remember.

Speaking of cold,Sounds like it's only going to get colder on the long term too.

I simply had some kind of bug and it will hopefully be gone soon with some meds. Feeling some better today well enough to light my woodstove in the garage and clean it out today.

Our Doe season starts on the 13th and it may have snow in the forecast for us already, can't wait.

Back in 93 I had been sitting in a Ceder tree stand the tree was huge and I called it the Christmas tree as I had taken my first deer ever sitting infront of it with a bow on a downed log. So I stuck a stand in it soon after and took quite a few deer in it. Well in 93 I was after a Good Buck I called Tallboy due to his hieght on the rack and I finally talked my Bro In Law into going with me up there. He setup a stand about 100 yards past me in another tree overlooking the same field. Well tallboy walked past me out of range and my BIL go him, I heard the arrow hit its mark even though they were both well out of my sight due to brush. This was a Christmas treat for me too as my sister and him had just lost everything both crops and house due to the flood. It was something to be Thankful for on the that evening.

A few weeks later his cousin has shot a doe I was draggin with them, well BILaw went for the wheeler and as we drug the doe out here came a bunch more. His cousin told me to drop to a knee infront of him, he used my shoulder for a rest and the muzzleloader went kaaapoof as he shot a second doe that morning. All the while I was still packing my bow and hadn't had a deer in range yet that season.

Few weeks after that the cousins brother came in bow hunting and I had found yet another Nice buck I was chasing and we positioned a treestand for him not 75 yards from me on the otherside of a patch of brush. All because the buck changed sides daily that he would come down and that night one of us would get a chance to sling an arrow. His Brother got that buck too! I heard the thwack and instantly thought WOW what a year. Later I found out both of those cousins had been hurting for money and they both needed meat badly. Since 93 on they all have said if ya Really need a deer go with wabo. I went eating tagsoup that season but I will Never forget 93's season.... Truely it was a Blast!