well that's the thing, you gotta find someone that has the equipment. It is a high pressure system that pumps the 2 liquid components together in equal volumes through individual heated lines. the product is introduced at the end of the lines at the spray gun where it reacts as it hits the spray target, it starts expanding immediately. it's ugly as hell and not typically used as an exterior product. i plan to simply paint this to protect it from the sun & seal it up a little tighter. Down the road I may shave the exterior to the studs & sheet the exterior with a light weight exterior sheeting of some type. but for now, ugly on outside, nice on inside.

light weight & well insulated is the goal with this house & this was a good way to go about it.

Many of the rental/resort houses up here on Lake of the Woods MN are built this way. Very easy to heat, it's like a big styrofoam cooler.

The process can be expensive (spray foam) but I am lucky enough to have the equipment & the people that use the equipment at work where I basically get the product for cost.

This house will eventually be converted to a "sleeper" house. which means just what you think it would. means we can get drunk & just stay out on the lake fishing all night.....

I mean, it means we can sleep out there if we don't feel like going home when it gets dark.

grin

I'll ad a couple bunks eventually, that's when ice fishing really gets fun, when you don't have to worry about going home when it gets dark.

grin

Something clever here.