A very good product for treating that siding is called Penofin. It is a very thin oil, just for that purpose. Use it on our cabin in CO and it seems to hold up well.

LOL about the shot of the young lad cleaning the deer. Somewhere I have a pic of a deer I killed with my 3 kids helping. They each had a hold of a leg and the daughter (youngest) was only 5 or 6 at the time. Seems like it was the next fall, the ex BIL called to see if I would come show them how to clean a deer that had been hit on the road. I was at work, but the oldest (about 12 at the time) said come get him he would show them. Told the wife where the knife was and the BIL came and got my son. The kid had darn sure been paying attention that day they had a hold of my deers leg. The BIL said is was kinda funny, said they thought they was gonna have to strap a 2X4 to the kids butt to keep him from crawling clear inside the deer. Here the BIL and the guy that was gonna take the meat were in their mid 20's and all they could do was do as the son told them.