Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Great story, Dave. I know you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in the RR restoration. The good news is that you and Pam got the enjoy the end results.

The even better news is that the car is going back to someone with an even greater sentimental attachment to it. Going to be quite a reunion for that gentleman.

Can't wait to find out what project is coming down the pipe.

First off, WELCOME KEVIN!! Glad you decided to post and join us on our adventures. grin

Thanks for the words Bill, I've had a hard time with this. In my heart of hearts, I know reuniting the Roadrunner with this guy is in the cards. this is all part of the bigger picture that we don't know what it is yet. Unfortunately I cried many a tears after Dave told me it was sold...poor guy he didn't see that one coming. I can't help it, I'm a girl. My attachment started right when Dave and I took that test drive the day we went to look at the car. Shortly thereafter followed more memories of all the hours of work, taking food out to the shop for Dave, a little sanding and cleaning and yes me sitting there watching Dave work and rambling on and on about nonsense just to hear myself talk while Dave did the "yep, uh huh, yep" husband responses.

I am very excited and very happy for the original owner. What an amazing find and how nice that he can again enjoy his car. I'm sure it will be quite the reunion when he finally sees the car in person.

So yes I'm ok with this now, it took me a little bit but I'm comforted by knowing that this is all a piece of the bigger plan. We have our memories, our laughter, our test drives and that one car show we were able to take the Roadrunner to. Yes we have other projects, a lot in fact, so many that one of Dave's friends starting calling him Sanford. LOL! Thank you everyone for all the words and for sticking with us on this ride we call "life".

Stay tuned, I'm sure whatever is in store, it will be a good one!

"I'm not crying!!"