This morning I passed up 2 six pointers. Then I decided to bring one of my 5 year old boys with for the afternoon hunt. I told him I would shoot a doe if we saw one. About 315, he said he was tired so he laid down and went to sleep in the stand. Of course that was like a magnet to the does as they immediately came out into the food plot. I tried to wake him up twice, but no way, he was gonna nap and that is all there is too it. Finally, about 445, i got him up.

There was a doe in our food plot about 125 yards away. He said SHOOT IT! But it was so foggy and rainy that I couldnt get a good sight picture. Then about 5 oclock, a bigger deer that was obviously a buck came into the food plot like he owned it. It was hard to see him through the fog, but I could tell he was a buck and that is all. So based on how he was acting and since I could see some type of rack, I decided to shoot it. At the shot, he took off across the food plot and into some CRP grass. Boy, did I have an excited young lad on my hands!

After we got some help, we were coming back down the road to look for him and saw a huge 8 pointer. He ran into our swamp. We found my buck about 10 yards into the grass. He is a small 8 pointer. It was a special buck since I shot it with Wyatt. Hunter was there too for the field dressing and drag. He will be good eating. Final tally for 6 days afield:

41 deer seen. 32 does, 9 bucks. Could have shot 8 of the bucks and passed on 7. Ironically, I passed on a bigger one than I shot, but that is okay. he will be a wall hanger for someone (likely the neighbors) next year!

Way to go everyone! I will get a picture up soon.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.