It is very hard to believe it has been 3 years. It just seems like yesterday we were planning our 4 wheeling trip to North Dakota. We had everything ready to go, we were going to be leaving the next morning.

I applied for a job at Lund boats in New york Mills and I was there for a tour of the plant. When I got done there I had 2 missed calls from my mom and one from my sister in law. I knew something was wrong. I called mom back and she said they think Waylon's plane went down. I drove from NYM to Waylon's by Cormorant, I don't even remember the drive. There were so many things going through my head like this is a mistake, maybe they ran into bad weather and landed at a nearby airport maybe he has tried to call but the call won't go through. As we sat at the house waiting to hear ANYTHING, there were reporters calling the house asking questions. It was hard enough to deal with what we didn't know what was going on, and to have them calling the house.

I'm not even sure how long it was that we waited to hear anything, 5 hours or more. When the Sheriff and State Trooper pulled in the driveway then we knew. I don't even remember what they said, after they had confirmed that Waylon was one that had passed, everything else was a blur. It was like someone just ripped my heart out. He was my only sibling, he couldn't be gone. It was like a very bad dream, but I couldn't wake up.

Today is a day of looking back at pictures and remembering all the good times. I can still hear him call me Meesey. From all the memories of when we were little like when mom and dad told me to stay off the dock because the boys were casting. Well I didn't and Waylon got me in the chin with a daredevil. He thought it was caught on the dock so he kept yanking on it. To the memories when we were on our last 4 wheeling trip the summer before the accident. That is where we took our last picture together on a rock where we went every night we were there to watch the deer.

It is a very hard time for everyone. I would like to thank Dave and his family for being there for all of us. Chicken buck is a great place to go to have fun, share stories, and just to spend time together as a family. If it is only family members or other friends there too, it is great.

Sorry for rambleing on. Gotta get ready to go mini golfing with the family. It will be a great day.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.