Deer stand report.

Sat this morning until 11:30, nuthin. Got back to cabin at noon. Dusty's chili is really good, had 2 bowls of that with 2 glasses of beer with green olives in the beer. Took a 1 hour nap, got up at 2 and headed back to my stand.

Lots of good fresh tracks on east side of my stand. Its been trying to snow all day but it just can't get going. Very cloudy all day.

White bear, lady friend and bear cub may come see us at camp tonight. I hope they do, I'm going to fry some northern pike tonight.

I forgot to take my underwear off of the wood spirit's face today. (Sorry rooster, I'll explain)

Rooster gave us this black walnut log with a carving of the wood spirit's face in it. Wood spirit is supposed to bring you good luck. Our wood spirit has been failing us this year so we decided to motivate him by hanging my underwear on his face until he comes up with a deer for us.

The idea was to pull the underwear off his face so he could see and breathe but threaten to put them back on if he didn't bring some luck.

Am I going about this wrong? We are considering waterboarding as well.

4PM, the magic hour. Be very quiet now please....

Something clever here.