Originally Posted by tzone
Good luck gopher.

2 of the kids and I are headed to WI on Friday. They're going to go to school for a bit. I'll pick them up after things are loaded and then we'll head to Grandmas to be spoiled rotten with food and laughs.

Thanks Tom. A slight change in plans. I talked to two of our young bucks that went back up for second weekend-they saw one set of tracks, and didn't hear a single shot in our area all weekend. Of course the wolves were howling up a storm. Gee-wonder why we're not seeing deer? I'm gonna go up to Chengwatana for a dual purpose trip. Gonna hit the range up there with my Hawkins and run a couple balls through it, and then go hunt for the rest of the day. I just can't see driving all the way up past Brainerd when we're not seeing any deer up there. I want to learn some of the more remote areas of Chengwatana any ways, so this is a good opportunity. Gonna carry my grand daughter's 99 chambered for .243. I'm hoping to bleed that gun and then hand it off to my son so he can do the same before she's old enough to carry it. ML season comes in soon, and this will probably be the only chance I get to run a couple down the tube on that gun before the opener. I'll be hunting that spot we went to in Lakeville, Tom. The patch on the left side of the trail going into the house there. He's been seeing deer in there all fall.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla