Originally Posted by Muffy
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Last night we started teaching this year's firearm safety class. this is the first class that I get to teach with my dad (he finally got certified as an instructor last spring). It was kind of weird teaching with the guy who taught me! he was a school teacher when he was younger and he said it brought back a lot of memories. We have 32 kids in our class and luckily this year, we dont have a class clown or the "kid who asks a million questions". Just good kids who want to learn. I gave them 9 minutes for a break and all of them were back in their chairs in 6 minutes! 2 of them came up to me after the class and said they had a lot of fun. that sure makes it rewarding. we have a lot of girls in this class, i love seeing that. when i first started teaching we would have a couple of girls in the class, now it is easily a third or more of the class.

I remember when I took it in school. There were only 2 of us girls. Checked into permit to carrry classes for me & my dad. Hope to get that done this year.

When I took my class in 1961 there wasn't a single gal in it. I feel gyped!