So, you know how karma sometimes is good instead of bad? I usually try to give out 5 or 6 pounds of venison sausage at work to people who "don't like venison" or have not had it. I make special "sample-size" bags to give out.

Over the last three years it has become a hit, with a few hippy-chick nurses loving it and asking for more, and a range day or two with people who were rabidly anti-gun, who wanted to see what hunting rifles were all about, that ended up simply loving handguns (my Ruger SP101 in .22 and my GP100 in .357 are favorites, along with the Shield) and who now own guns.

Anyhow, I was talking to a guy at work about how I was down in the Minnesota River Valley the other day and passed on a nice big doe, as it was getting late and I had to get home before my son came home from school, and the two mile drag out would have not been doable time-wise. One of the previous non-hunter psuedo-hippies chimes in and says I should come and hunt muzzle-loader by his apple orchard.

Turns out his family loved the sausage, and my "price" is simply that he gets some more sausage if I get a deer.

I plan on grilling up fresh tenderloins for him if I get one this weekend, and, if it works out, he will be joining the ranks of hunter next year, as he is really interested in what you do with the deer after you shoot it.

Considering this person's stance on guns and hunting a few years ago, this could be analogous to one of you guys getting Diane Feinstein to pony up for a life NRA membership.....

From what I can tell the only downside will be that it is zone 601, antlerless only, and he showed me some phone pics of LARGE bucks that bed down right by his pond and walk over to the orchard every night.

smile