Originally Posted by goalie
I hope they were just putting an IV in you to give you contrast for a CT scan or something or some other diagnostic test and not to treat fluid or electrolyte imbalances or dehydration.

Have a great hunt Dave, and everyone else. I am completely packed, and hopefully will be grilling venison this time Saturday while my hunting partner is sauteing up the mushrooms and onions in some real butter.

IV was for fun I think? fun for them?

Actualy they did a blood draw from it, juiced me with a milder pain killer than what they wanted to give me (at my request) then started pumping water to try and help force this wonderful stone thats on its way to my bladder.

Thats the one they say is hurting me right now, and there is no shortage of stones left in the kidneys waiting for their turn to pass.

Doc came in, said some doctor stuff, then pointed at the saline pump and said "you don't have to take that if you dont want it" I said "what's it do for me?" he says "same as drinking water.."

I reached over to my arm and snapped the clamp shut on the tube.

which stalled the pump and made it alarm out.

I'll just drink water the old fashioned way thanks very much.

He wants me back in right away to see my regular doc to come up with a plan for treating this I guess.

Maybe next Wed or so I'm thinking.

Something clever here.