Deer season's all ready been a success here guys if I never set foot in a field. My son's buddy is home from four years in the Marines, and he's going to hunt with me this fall. This will be his second foray into the deer woods. He hunted with us a few years back and really enjoyed it-borrowed one of my rifles.

Now, I've been working on getting him set up. I found him an old Spanish Mauser for $150.00 that looked like a suitable starter gun. When the owner found out Tyler's just fresh out of the Marines, he plans to give Tyler the rifle. We meet with him Sunday to do the exchange. Tyler's a great kid, and I'm honored to help him out. As usual, our members have stepped to the plate to see what they could do to help to make this happen. Dave put this up on the 'Fire, and the next thing I knew, I had offers for a free scope and ammuntion. The scope went to another deserving young hunter, as I all ready had a scope, but special thanks to Dave and Luv2Safari, as now Tyler has three boxes of hunting ammo headed this way to get him started. We will be mounting the scope, and going through all my extra gear this Sunday to get Tyler set up. Man, it's a cool experience to be able to introduce a great kid to the out of doors.

If I even see a deer it's just a bonus at this point.

Last edited by gophergunner; 10/22/15.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla