Originally Posted by tzone
Kind of a scary day snowmobiling. My step dad got stuck on the lake and I stopped to help him. As I was walking to him, I broke through the ice and ended up to my waist in water. I was pretty shook up for quite awhile. The adventure didn't end there. He was stuck in slush and we were both wet. It took about an hour to get back. We have had enough fun for one day.

Uh, T, don't do that. Creates unbelievable shrinkage. whistle

Seriously, glad you're alright. Had a good friend up north snowmobiling with a bunch of our buddies. He had some new go-fast sled that would do three digits. About a dozen of them took off in a race down the lake and he blew by everyone. Was going so fast he crossed a huge patch of open water near the River mouth. Stopped to see if the other guys were going to try it and the ice gave way. He managed to get to the ice edge and hang on. The boys called 911. Rescue tried to get to him from the closest side, but the ice was too weak, so they had to go all the way around to the other side. By that time it was dark and his screams had stopped. Next morning all they saw was his helmet and gloves on the edge of the ice. That was about 10 years ago. He left two beautiful twin two-year old daughters. Tough funeral to go to. I'm still pissed at him.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin