Have fun on the cruise Stan!

Well I didn't get anything to shoot at tonight but I do have a little story:

A few weeks ago, I bought a deodarant type stick called "evercalm" and I also ordered a product called "upwind" scent control after reading good things about both. The evercalm is supposed to be made from the scents of an actual deer bedding area. The theory is that deer are relaxed by the smell. I've been testing it the last few weeks via trail cameras and it seems to not bother deer at all. Well I put both to the test tonight and it passed with flying colors. I had 5 does and fawns directly down wind of me and they fanned their tails and ran off. I thought oh crap. Then I heard the tractor coming. My cousin was trying to scoop up the last little bit of hay he could for his cows this winter.

After the tractor went by they all came back out. The wind was going dirctly from me to them and they fed just as calm as could be with my scent blowing directly at them. Their was even a big nanny doe in the group and she didn't even look my direction. Might be something to this combo...

As far as rut activity....I'm seeing some scrapes but no chasing yet.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...