Miz ND,
It is good of you to think enough of this motley group to bless us with your presence.Thank you.We appreciate your support of Dave and the "deer camp".It allows many of us,myself included,to enjoy the cabin almost as much as you do.
I think one reason I enjoy hearing about the cabin so much is that at one time I had just such a place and for four years I lived there full time.By way of explanation,on January 1,1985 I was supposed to be on my way from Atlanta,Ga. to Miami,Fl to be project accountant on a construction project.I had worked for this company for 14 years.I was fresh out of a divorce.In short I was burned out with everything.I had recently purchased 10 acres in the mountains of northern Georgia.The land next to me was a 10,000 acre wildlife management area.
I turned my truck around on the freeway,went back to my office and resigned and walked out the door.I never looked back.
I moved my travel trailer up to the property and spent the next year building my cabin.Driving your own nails is a labor of love.I lived there,as I said,for four years.Had a shooting range off of the front porch if I so desired.It was great.
I later remarried and remain that way happily for some 20 years now.We lived our first six months of married life at the cabin,later moved to town and sold the place.We have always looked back on that time with much pleasure.So I guess that's why I enjoy hearing so much about your place.
Thanks.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.