my old generator is an onan 2 cylinder 6.5 kw & she's a gas pig. I only run it when i need to run power tools or battery chargers. It's kind of an emergerncy power source right now. We have talked about doing some 12v lights in the cabin & having a couple of 120v outlets & wiring things so that the generator does some charging of the 12 volt batery bank in the cabin when it is running & we would also hook up a solor panel to tend the batery bank.

I guess I haven't done any of that work yet because we have just gotten used to the pump up gas lanterns in the evenings & at night I leave a flat wick type oil lamp lit at a very low flame/light on the kitchen table to serve as a night light so if somewone has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night they can find there way to the door & I have a couple of flashlights hanging on a nail pounded in the wall right by the door so you can grab a flashlight on your way out the door. Night light comes in handy in the middle of the night too on cold nights when I have to wake up & toss a couple of logs in the stove.

I have plans of installing about 3 hard mounted gas light fixtures this summer & I have a gas refrigerator/freezer that I want to get hooked up out there too. That will be really nice this summer when we stay out there.

Something clever here.