I got a Toro several years ago and like it a bunch.

On a side note I will give ya a rundown on Regions surgery dept. and ICU.

Went in Wed. morning to get an aortic repair. Did the EVAR route. By 10 am I was in the OR and by 1.33 pm I was in recovery. At 2.30 I was headed to ICU. At 5.30 I had Roast beef and mashed potato with gravy. And LOTS of good percocet. About 1030 pm I got the nurse to unhook me from the unending # of monitors and took the stroll to the bathroom. Took forever to locate my unit as I was painted with massive amount of orange sticky stuff from my knees to my nipples and I think it went into hiding when they started waving sharp scalpels around the area.

Good news is everything is still there.

By 11 pm I had a new nurse on duty and she got me a diet coke I was craving.

Then the fun of ICU reared it head. Every 30 min. the blood pressure cup would inflate, the NA would take my temp. and the monitors for everything would beep away. At 0400 am the nurse said "you seemed to be sleeping ok" my response through my drug and sleep deprived state was "I am a good faker and if that damn monitor would quit beeping I might actually get some sleep".

A 0600 I was up for the day and the day nurse came in. I should say marched in like a drill sgt. and said this is what we are going to do today and listed off a bunch of stuff. I replied "what I am doing today is going home so she could amend her list."

I was then saved by my surgen who came in look at the fine work she had done and said "lets get you out of here" and she went to do the release paperwork. That was the last I saw of the drill sgt. nurse. A different nice young lady/nurse came in started getting me unhooked from every and found my clothing and said I could get dressed. By 10 am I was on the home.

The day at home was not a lot of fun but better than ICU. I then slept for 12 hrs. and feel human today. Just a slight buzz from the pain meds.

That's my story and I am sticking to it..

Hope everyone has had more fun than me the last couple of days.

So now I have goretex or something made by gore medical in my aorta.

I forgot to add that I had my blood sugar checked at least 8 times during my 24 hrs. of fun. The night nurse said they were on some mental crusade concerning blood sugar levels.

Last edited by TJAY; 05/16/14.