Tom!! Long time no speaky!!

I think the last time we click talked it was to do with comical pre deer opening ranting...

Yeah this is quite a project, I just hope to get it all fairly weather tight before deer opener so we can use it, even if we just end up on cots & cooking with coleman stoves.

The project had special purpose & meaning even prior to my cousin's death, being a life long dream of mine to be able to provide something like this for my kids and grandkids (someday), all that sort of thing. But with our recent loss & my new resposibilities with aiding in the parenting of my best friend's children... well I just have to get it ready for this season because there is one young hunter that is really counting on it.

My original camp which I am still a part of is not far from yours, we are south of Tower MN. So many good memories there. I do plan on still visiting that camp when ever I can but the needs of my own family & now our new camp members are too much for our camp on the iron range. Travel reasons (long drive), space for everyone, we just really needed a camp closer to home for my family. I'm somewhat torn between the traditions I've come to know with the old camp & the excitement of starting new with this camp.

I'll pick a weekend to still dedicate to my old camp because I just need to see those guys, it wouldn't be deer season without them.

In my last picture above you can see me doing what I do best, holding that plastic sheeting down with my butt & a bottle of beer. But I knew I couldn't hold it for ever so I had to tack those scrap strips around the outside of the floor system to hold things in place while I was not there.

Something clever here.