Stan,

I Never leave in the car without having supplies in it after Oct 1 of each year. I've had to walk a few times and once I walked in the dark over 6 miles with a 45 below wind chill. I won't do that again I hope! I've hit snow drifts before that were 8 feet deep and had to dig my way out the windows. This and Momma handed me kiddo so I packed thunder kiddo on my back through waste deep snow over a mile to get home. All the while Momma had to sit and wait with the baby while I got the tractor out to plow the lane open and pull the car out. Took me 3 hours to get back down to the car and she couldn't run it as the fumes from the muffler would get back in. Yep extra clothes, sleeping bags, candles, windshield deicer by the gallon, I pack the kitchen sink in the car.

Plug in the cars sometimes at night but most of the time anything below zero and my woodstove in the garage gets stoked every couple of hours. Its 12 degrees now at 10 pm with a windchill of 5 below and if anyone can stand out in that in office clothes for an hour and be comfortable I wanna meet them. I pack extra clothes in layers and lots of them with me, enough for the whole family. Not to mention both my cars are actually a truck and an SUV both also are 4by4 and I hope I never have to own another 2 wheel drive in winter.

All of this in Mo. I cannot immagine some of the things Dave and the guys must do. Good Story you told about the rifle by the way I'm also Glad you kept it...

Last edited by wabo; 12/15/08.