Originally Posted by tzone
We finally had some weather nice enough to take Amelia outside to play. She like nothing better than to hang around her big brother. And he likes nothing better than being a big brother....so we went fishing. Usually I get some holes popped and he takes off across the lake and picks his own spots. This time, he wanted to stay with us and hang out with Sissy on her first ice fishing experience.

It was actually really nice. In the high 20's and low 30's. Nice enough that I wouldn't have even brought the shack normally. But we wanted this to last as long as possible. Figuring mom would have to come get Amelia after about an hour. Well, she made it 3 hours! We were very impressed with that. We packed a bag full of snacks like granola bars, apples, banana, and water for her to snack on. Yep, I left it on the counter when we left so we could get some real ice fishing snack. (not really, I forgot to grab it) Brother Jack ran into the gas station and got her some hot chocolate and some cookies. grin

She wasn't sure how the ice fishing thing worked and was wondering why we weren't bringing the boat with us. laugh She wasn't sure about driving on the ice either but that lasted about 3 seconds after she got distracted by something else. She really like ice auger and scooping the snow out of the holes. She asked Jack if he would be her helper.

Here is sissy helping out Jack get the holes ready for the "warm tent."
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Before I got the shack set up I dropped her line down to give her something to do while I got the "warm tent" ready to flip over and snacks ready. It took a good 20 seconds before we heard
"aaahhh Daddy...some-sing is pulling my hook"

Well it sure was. LOL!!

After 2 cookies and some hot chocolate we had a flag.

Decent pike. And with MN's new goofy pike slot limit, we actually got to keep this one. A hair under 27." We are in the North Central Pike Zone. In this zone MN allows us to keep pike under 22". There is a slot from 22"-26" and we can keep 2 over 26".

Decent Scissorbill. Tip up? Keeping up with the MN regs every year is a treat to say the least. Always nice to get the kids out.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca