well boys, we cut up our freezer pleezers today and then I took out the other twin boy. First off, he doesnt have nearly the patience my other boy has. Ohmygosh, it was constant whispering. he couldnt sit still. very trying to dad's patience and I was doing fine until Mr. Big showed up...

There were 5 deer (1 little buck and 4 does) in the field when we arrived at my dad's new stand. This stand is in the middle of prairie grass and plowed field, but a travel corridor. 250 yards away, our newly planted native grasses start and of course, that is where the deer were. And boy were they there! I lost count at 25. at least 6 were bucks and 2-3 of them were big. one was really big. I do believe, it may have been the biggest I have ever seen while hunting deer. It only had 8 points, but he was really wide and really tall. At one point, he walked straight away from me with his head down and I could easily see both sides of his rack....thus he was quite a bit wider than his body. He got to within 275 yards. Why, oh why, didnt they draw the shotgun zone about 10 miles further south???? I really missed my 300 WSM. I will be sleeping with thoughts of him dancing in my head! I got to see two little buck fighting, that was cool.

I feel for you guys in the northern woods that dont get to see many deer, I feel so spoiled.

The plan tomorrow is to move the stand closer to where they were feeding. I might set my ground blind up on the other end. Man, what a buck. What a privelege to even get to see such a critter!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.