Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Rooster7
You guys wouldn't believe the snow piles I have piled up at my place. It's the first year since I bought my old POS plow truck that I've been able to use it more than once per winter. I can't believe they pile snow as high as they do!

North, South and East of the start of the driveway (closest to house) I have snow piles 6-10 feet high and on the north side, 50 yards wide. Much of this is drifted snow due to west winds.

I would say this is ridiculous but it's actually a pretty "normal" MN winter. We've been lucky the last two since I acquired the plow truck.

Prior to that I used a 2186 Cub Cadet with chains, weight box and a 42" blower on the front. The last nasty winter was 2013 I believe and I had enough of that method. Cold, stuck, frozen beer...uhhhh shutter....

lol

Plow truck is a good fit for me too.

I started with that old yellow pickup I got from Dusty, probably around 2004? That's when I stopped moving snow with an antique tractor.

I've had a few other plow trucks since, you would really like a V plow with the hand control that you can hold in your hand as you shift. V plows are awesome.

I have a buddy that has a setup like that. Once time we were on a weekend visit with them and we left the wives inside and went out and played with the plow truck. Just because. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...