Originally Posted by Colorado1135
So a year ago my wife and I made an offer on some land to use for hunting and generate some money through grazing cattle. We're putting the 30 acres of crop land into crp because it's not enough to mess with for growing crops or renting out to a neighbor. We're planning on building on 10 acres of it and then grazing the other 120 that's dedicated range land. It has been badly overgrazed prior to us buying it so we rested it this summer. We're planning on planting a thousand trees and shrubs or so for habitat and wind protection. Puting in a few food plots for pheasants and deer next spring, along with reseeding some highly disturbed areas to native grass/forbs. We put in a waterline and 4 winter waterers that are resistant to freezing. We're excited but it's been a lot of work and expense so far. We're about to wrap up the first mile of fence and only have about 3 more miles to put in. Glad I have a strong boy to pound posts! Hopefully we get some deer off it this fall. I'll post pics when I can of the progress. Stay tuned!

That's awesome Ryan! Happy for you guys! 4 miles of pounding fence posts? Yikes. I did enough for 300 feet of snow fence on Saturday and am doing another 100 feet this Friday. That is way more than enough pounding for me! lol

Did you ever get that boat done? Doesn't sound like you have had a whole lot of time for extracurricular activities! smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...