Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Rooster,congrats on the bird.

Ryan, the recipe for a crock pot meat loaf is the same as any other venison meat loaf. Bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms. The only difference is the manner of cooking it.
It tastes about the same as if done in an oven but has a wee bit different texture. I like it done both ways.
I found out this year how much better antelope tastes than venison when a friend brought me both antelope steaks and ground.
As much as I like venison I never thought I would find something that tastes better.But I did.

Stan in SC

Thanks Stan! Antelope is amazing! The wife and kids even loved it! It all depends on how you treat them after the kill. We butchered ours in fhe field without even opening the gut sack, packed the meat in game bags and hauled them out on pack frames to a cooler full of ice in the truck. That meat is the best I've had. Elk is very good but a properly handled antelope is some of the very best eating you will ever get.

I was bowhunting mule deer in the ND badlands one year and we met this vehicle over and over again that had one of them receiver hitch game carriers on the back. He had an antelope in full skin on there when we first seen him in the morning and it was still on there at 5:00 pm that night. It was 90 some degrees out and the antelope was covered in the red scoria dust from driving around all day. That speed goat must have had maggots in it by the time he took it off that carrier. ICK

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...