Grizz, my prayers go out for your son. I can offer a little insight for you as the same thing happened to me on Oct.19th 2001. My aorta ruptured at the top of the heart and the shredded tissue was sucked back in and plugged the hole. My problem was that it took 6 months for it to be found for what it was and in the meantime a tear in my right atrium got much worse lowering my right side output to the lungs to about 15%. This would not have happened had the problem been found right away. The good part is here I am....a little the worse for wear but I still hunt and fish (at a much slower pace). I have about 16" of Gortex hose for an aorta. all new valves, a tire patch on my heart wall and a pacemaker. The key for your son is finding what it was right away. He should recover well indeed. I wonder what would have happened for me if it had been found right away...but that wasn't in my cards. I'll watch for progress reports and keep praying. Sounds like the hunting gods still need him and thats a great thing. Hang in there...it and he will get better. Good things happen to good people! BTW I was 43 when it all happened...

Scott

Last edited by SSB; 07/06/09. Reason: info added

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....