Went up with a crew of friends to replace the original roof. Plan was to tear off one side and shingle to the peak. Do the same on day 2, finish up on day 3. Everything going as planned at this point.

[Linked Image]

Then someone stepped on the ridge cap & I heard a lot of UH-OH's & it got worse from there. Yes, lack of ventilation and insulation up to the ridge in a that small space caused lots of rot and a lot more work. Murphy's law. I had planned to add vents and had extra 2x6's but not nearly enough to repair all that. My neighbor had a whole stack of 2x6 cut off's that allowed us to repair everything without several hours driving into town & back. What was the chance of that? Sometimes even I get lucky.

[Linked Image]

Set us back a little less than one day. Put a bigger gable vent in and several roof vents on the other side. Spent the rest of the week fishing. It's good to have friends who are handy & like to fish a lot.

[Linked Image]

Very happy with the finished product but glad I didn't have to depend on a single battery operated circular saw to cut all those 2x6"s!