Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hello everybody. I'm out at camp tending to the cooking stove. Fixing some brunch.

I've got a little secret i've been keeping under my hat.

Many of you know i have this old plow truck that used to be uncle dusty's truck. Well the truck has been through hell and back with it's original body being eithe smashed or rusted off for the most part. Well, nate and i have been secretly working on the ole truck. We gave it a quick makeover bringing it back closer to former glory with a few little changes. We are going to surprise dusty with the bright yellow truck today when he gets to camp chickenbuck. We drove it out to camp last night with the paint basically still wet. grin

We went yellow with a white roof and white wheels like dusty used to have it. But i sprayed the whole truck with matte clear and we put a Skane designed chickenbuck logo on the doors. I lightly distressed the logos to make them look older and the matte clear keeps the glare down and it will survive the brush and snowbank scratches without showing so bad.

I've waited to post this, making sure dusty is on the road heading this way before i post. That way i know the suprise wont be ruined. It will be fun to see his reaction. I'll post more detail on the truck's history and project details next week when I'm back home.

[Linked Image]

smile smirk wink

Dave, you da MAN !!

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"