Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
I had a workout at the shack too. Was cutting a fenceline when I punched my Husqvarna chainsaw into my thigh. 18 stitches (three on the inside)and I was back the next day to finish the job. With Kevlar chaps this time...

Ouch! That had to hurt.

I'm worried that's gonna hurt for weeks if not months.

The thing about a chainsaw is they don't cut you, they take a notch out of you.

Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
How long did it take you to get it running Dave? I noticed it had new hoses, belt and distribitor cap and possibly a new generator.

Are you going to leave the 6 volt system in tact or convert to a 12 volt?

We had it sputtering in less than a half an hour and we had it sustaining idle & pulling fuel on it's own in about an hour. We had a little trouble with the cork gasket on the sedement bowl for the fuel pump. It was sucking air past the cork gasket. Me and Nate made a new temporary gasket out of a tire innertube. Nice rubber gasket.

I don't know about converting, I need to research that some more. I need to know if the starter can handle the 12 volts and I also need to find out if a 12 volt conversion can still run possitive ground like the original 6 volt system does.

my hunch is that all I need is a single wire (internally regulated) alternator and a voltage drop to 6 for feeding the gauges in the dash.

But I'm not sure, there's probably more to it. Probably some ignition (distributor related) changes need to be made too?

Something clever here.