I lost 1/2 my post last night when the stupid page reloaded since I was on my phone. Sorry. Anyway, the floor in the main part of the boat, I'd not fasten to the bottom or the sides at all. You can if you'd like. But in the past, there is always "stuff" you need to clean out of there. Sometimes it's just musty water you want to scrub, or fish slime, whatever...it stinks after a summer. If it were my boat, I'd make that center area "floating." So build your frame and attach your floor. But don't fasten it so you can pull it up for cleaning. You could even do it in two or three parts, with your pedestal bases in the center of each piece, then you can lift the piece out by the seat base.

Either split the boards or cut a 2 or 3" hole in the middle of them for water to wander through there, like the hull on a boat with a floor.

I'd skip the livewell too. It's a 14' boat, you're going to need all the space you can get with 4 people in it. I'd skip the storage in the sides as well. What are you going to keep in there? You'll need that space. I would wire a bilge in there though. Water ALWAYS gets in the boat!

As far as paint goes, Lund, Alumacraft, and Crestliner all use auto paint. You can get the codes right off of the Lund and Alumacraft website for most of the colors. It's a single stage, so pretty easy to do yourself if you have a gun. The Lund "marsh grass" would be a good color to cover up old stuff. smile

I now have an Alumacraft 16.5' Classic dlx. I'm adding the LED "sticky" lights I was talking about in my above post. I also put one in the box of my truck since you can't see anything in there with the tonneau cover closed. I got them at Radco in Blaine, MN. You can order them online from them. They have a battery box, that can be screwed on instead of the sticker that comes on the back. Do that.

Don't forget rod holders either. You and Kendra will at least need them to set your poles in while baiting hooks and removing fish. I think Frabill makes some that clamp onto the side of a boat like yours. I wouldn't troll with those, at least not with any larger crank baits, unless you secure them better to the hull.

How deep do you want to go? I can spend a lot of your money. grin

Camp is where you make it.