Originally Posted by Berettaman
Very nice WB! That will give you many hours of comfort I do believe.

Well a friend of mine came up for a long planned pheasant hunt today. OHMYGOSH, I have never had a hunt as physically tough as this hunt. We hunted fields, we hunted willows and then we hit the cattails. The snow was nipple high on me and you had to just plow through them with no trails to walk on. Then we donned snowshoes and ran a ditch and some more willows. I spooked a bald eagle eating a pheasant and it took off with the pheasant. Didnt mean to, but I didnt see it until it took off. I was taking a picture of the marks in the snow that the eagle left while trying to get airborne with the pheasant and right in the middle of it, a rooster got up. Oh well. We ended up with 4 roosters which is a great hunt for this time of year in deep snow.

Bman,
The dogs and I gave the pheasant's a break around here this year. The numbers are down big time so I didn't hunt them. The other day, there was about 50 flocked up together feeding just down the road from my house so that is a good sign. I think I'm going to make a feeder and put out in the CRP behind my place. I was thinking of a 55 gallon plastic drum upside down in one of those rubber calf feeders like you can get at tractor supply. Cut "mouse doors" in it and a hole on top to pour corn into. Think that would work or do you pheasants forever guys have a better option?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...