Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
That was a very touching post Dave.

I think we've all been where you are at one time or another. Something that helps me get through the day is that I remind myself that someone has it worse off than me and I should count my lucky stars that I have my family, my health, and a roof over my head. The rest will figure itself out. As they say, the pendulum always swings back the other way.

As for Dusty, it's ok to feel loss. His legacy are the nails that hold Camp Chickenbuck together. You gave him life again. Chickenbuck gave him purpose. My father lost his youngest son three months before Waylon. For seven years my dad has been a shell of the man he once was. Gave up hunting, golf, just about everything. He has essentially stopped living after my brothers passing. Chickenbuck was Uncle Dusty's renewal and he grabbed it with a passion, as evidenced by the art on his forearm.

This thread helps my healing, even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting any one of you in person. I hope we can have many more talks over "coffee at the cafe". It certainly brightens my day.

Charlie,

Here, here.

Could not agree more !

Thanks again Camp ChickenBuck.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"