It took me two years to completly finish my basement at our other house. We bought the house as an unfinished "spec" home and the basement was just a shell. The only thing that was done was partial plumbing for the bathroom, and the "hook ups" for the laundry, but no laundry room.

I was at Home Depot literally every weekend for 2 years, and probably twice during the week. I can't remember how many 2x4's I bought, it was over 200. Betsy remembers.

The only things I didn't do was the electric hook up to the pannel,the switches for the lighting, hvac, and plumbing for the bath/bar and the building the cabinets for the bathroom. My step dad did that, he builds them for a living. We saved probably $15K by doing it ourselves.

I finished it on Easter Sunday of 2010 and we put the house up for sale on the Monday after easter. I was nearly heart broke that we put all the sweat, blood, and cuss words into and listed it for sale the next day. I didn't go down there until I had to get my guns out of the basement to move. It was beautiful and I couldn't enjoy it.

I have some re-model ideas for this house, but Ma wants no part of it. I'm stating with the garage. grin

I'm at work so I can't access photobucket, but I'll throw on some pics when I get home.

Camp is where you make it.